ebrary, a leading provider of e-books and research technology to libraries worldwide, will release the full results of its latest ebook survey in January 2012. For a sneak preview of the findings, check out the press release.
More than 6,500 students were surveyed. Among the key findings of the survey were:
- E-book usage and awareness have not increased significantly in 2011 over 2008
- Preference for printed books over electronic books has not changed: Both are still equally important
- The vast majority of students would choose electronic over print if it were available and if better tools along with fewer restrictions were offered
- There is a need for reliable social media tools geared toward research
The BSC Library is well-positioned to provide information in both traditional formats and electronic formats.
- We currently have some 91,000 print items
- Our current ebook/eaudiobook count is just shy of 10,000 titles
- We have 7,000+ films available as streaming video, almost 3,300 video recordings in various formats (DVD, videocassette, film reels), 3,325 CDs, some 2,600 LPs, and thousands of magazine, journal, and newspaper articles available through our online databases.
We are your information providers. It’s what we do.