The movie Chernobyl Diaries is now playing at the Grand Theatres. While the movie’s implausible story line may be great entertainment, if you want to learn about the REAL Chernobyl and what happened there, here are some suggestions from the BSC Library collection.
- Visit Sunny Chernobyl: and Other Adventures in the World’s Most Polluted Places (2012 – Note: currently on the new book display shelves)
- Chernobyl: Catastrophe and Consequences (2005)
- Voices from Chernobyl (2005)
- Wormwood Forest: a Natural History of Chernobyl (2005)
- Zones of Exclusion: Pripyat and Chernobyl (2004)
- Chernobyl Legacy (2001)
- Chernobyl Record: the Definitive History of the Chernobyl Catastrophe (2000)
- Final Warning: the Legacy of Chernobyl (1988)
Check them out!