Check it out! The BSC Library has added new online resources, which are available to current students, faculty, and staff 24/7. You can find the links on our Databases page.
Flipster offers the latest issues of high quality digital versions of popular magazines. Our subscription currently includes 93 titles. Flipster gives you an easy, browseable reading experience:
- Browse magazines by category or search for specific titles
- Find the most recent issues in the online newsstand carousel or check the carousel of all issues for quick access to older issues
- Click on table of contents links to go directly to articles; hotlinks within magazines are also hyperlinked and open in separate tabs when clicked
- Zoom in and out for better readability
- Read Flipster magazines on your PC or download them for offline reading anytime, anywhere
Counterparts to the multi-volume print sets we once had, these sources have the advantages and enhancements that go with being online, e.g., multimedia content and website links, topic finder, term frequency graphs, dynamic search capability, mobile compatibility, and 24/7 access.
Artemis Literary Sources
- An integrated research experience, Artemis Literary Sources brings together Gale’s premier literary databases in a new digital environment that allows users to search across these resources to discover and analyze content in entirely new ways.
Literature Criticism Online
- Takes literature, history and culture to the next level with the largest, most extensive compilation of literary commentary available. Imagine centuries of analysis – the scholarly and popular commentary from broadsheets, pamphlets, encyclopedias, books and periodicals – delivered in an easy-to-use, 24/7 online format that matches the exact look and feel of the print originals. The net result is tens of thousands of hard-to-find essays at your fingertips. It’s all designed to raise the level of research while providing around-the-clock remote access.
Literature Resource Center
- Up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world.
Twayne’s Author Series
- In-depth critical introductions to the lives and works of major writers of the world within the context of the time periods in which they lived. It provides insightful and original commentary on the history and influence of literary movements.