The final discussion in the 2011 BookTalk at BSC discussion series is coming up! Please join us:
- The Book of Dead Birds by Gayle Brandeis
- Sunday, March 6, 2011, 1-3 p.m.
- Discussion leader: Suzanne Kramer-Brenna
- BSC Library
Discussions are free and open to all. Refreshments will be served.
For more information, check out the BookTalk LibGuide or call us at 224-5450.
See you soon!
You can now download best-selling and classic audiobooks, eBooks, music, and video anytime, anywhere, from our new Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection. To get started, visit the Library’s eBooks & eAudiobooks Databases page, then choose Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection.
- Browse the collection
- Check out with your library card/online access number
- Download to PC, Mac®, and many mobile devices
You will need to install free software available on the site:
- For audiobooks, music, and video: OverDrive® Media Console™
- For eBooks, you’ll need Adobe® Digital Editions
Titles can be enjoyed immediately or transferred to a variety of devices, including iPod®, Sony® Reader™, and many others. Some audio titles can also be burned to CD to listen on-the-go. Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees!
With any popular fiction and non-fiction titles to choose from, the new collection is guaranteed to have something for everyone. You can download everything from best-selling novels to well-known classics, career information, and much more. We will continue to add items to this collection, so check back often!
This new service, powered by OverDrive, is free to BSC Library students and employees with your library card/online access number.
- For BSC photo ID card holders, your library card number is the barcode number on the back of the card.
- For online/distance users, if you don’t already have a library access number, you can apply for one online from our Online Services page.
We hope you enjoy the Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection. Be sure to check out our other sources of eBooks & eAudiobooks, too.
The Library will observe these hours during the Presidents Day Holiday weekend:
- Saturday, February 19 — CLOSED
- Sunday, February 20 — CLOSED
- Monday, February 21 — CLOSED
Regular hours will resume at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, February 22.
Access to the ODIN catalog and the Library’s Databases available 24/7.
Thanks to the efforts of Carolyn Twingley, Laura Kalvoda, and Stephanie Borud and funds from the “Spinning Spaces” initiative on campus, the Library’s staff room has a wonderful new look! To really appreciate the change, you have to know what it looked like before, but these pictures will give you an idea of what the space looks like now.
Stop by anytime to see it in person!
Art Rude, an associate professor of mathematics and physics at Bismarck State College, has penned My Druthers: Just One Guy’s Dreams and Ideas of How to Make the World a Better Place, and Return America to Democracy. Druthers is a slang term for “I’d rather.” The author has also been writing and performing original music for 35 years.
My Druthers is available for check out at the BSC Library (currently on the New Book shelves) or online from Amazon.com. For more information about the author, his book, and his music, visit Art Rude’s Homepage.