Hard to believe the end of the semester is almost here, but it is.
If you need help with projects and papers or are looking for a quiet place to study or do group work, the BSC Library is the place to be!
- Ask our librarians to help you find the information resources you need
- Use our study rooms and library commons for group work
- Head to the quiet reading room for solo study
See you at the Library!
The BSC Library & Learning Commons is open for business! Stop by and see us in our new location on the 1st floor of the Communications and Creative Arts Center. We will be glad to show you around.
ebrary, a leading provider of e-books and research technology to libraries worldwide, will release the full results of its latest ebook survey in January 2012. For a sneak preview of the findings, check out the press release.
More than 6,500 students were surveyed. Among the key findings of the survey were:
- E-book usage and awareness have not increased significantly in 2011 over 2008
- Preference for printed books over electronic books has not changed: Both are still equally important
- The vast majority of students would choose electronic over print if it were available and if better tools along with fewer restrictions were offered
- There is a need for reliable social media tools geared toward research
The BSC Library is well-positioned to provide information in both traditional formats and electronic formats.
- We currently have some 91,000 print items
- Our current ebook/eaudiobook count is just shy of 10,000 titles
- We have 7,000+ films available as streaming video, almost 3,300 video recordings in various formats (DVD, videocassette, film reels), 3,325 CDs, some 2,600 LPs, and thousands of magazine, journal, and newspaper articles available through our online databases.
Check us out! Use the ODIN catalog! Explore our website and our databases! Use LibGuides!
Ask a librarian!
We are your information providers. It’s what we do.