- Thursday, April 2 – 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 3 – CLOSED
- Saturday, April 4 – CLOSED
- Sunday, April 5 – CLOSED
- Monday, April 6 – 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Archive for March, 2015
Ready to do a walk-through of our new building!
Land, Sky, Water
Artists: Vicki Kessler and Konna Kjonass
March 16 – April 11, 2015
BSC Library/Gannon Gallery
Reception on Wednesday, April 1, 4-6 p.m. — Artist Talk by Vicki Kessler at 5 p.m.
The medium … contemporary fiber (reclaimed, repurposed, recycled, processed)
The embellishments … stitches, buttons, beads, and found objects
The results … GORGEOUS
- Saturday, March 14 – CLOSED
- Sunday, March 15 – CLOSED
- Monday, March 16 – 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 17 – 7:30 a.m. – 12 noon. Note: BSC offices closing at noon for Staff Day.
- Wednesday, March 18 – 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, March 19 – 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, March 20 – 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, March 21 – CLOSED
- Sunday, March 22 – CLOSED
Regular hours will resume on Monday, March 23.
As Leslie Sansone says, “The body was meant to move!”
“… demonstrates how the prevalent problems of obesity, ailing health, and lack of energy can all be easily improved simply by using the power of gravity … this practical, easy-to-follow action plan outlines simple gravity-resisting activities such as standing, walking, and dancing, guaranteed to produce better results than diet and exercise plans.”
Check it out! Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection
If you haven’t already done so, stop by the Gannon Gallery/BSC Library to see the annual faculty art exhibition. This artwork — paintings, prints, drawings, ceramics, and jewelry — will be on display through March 13.
Participating artists include:
- Andrea Fagerstrom – Teaches 2-D Design and art gallery coordinator
- Brian Hushagen – Teaches Ceramics I & II, Sculpture I & II, and 3-D Design
- Michelle Lindblom – Teaches Painting I & II and Drawing II (Website: www.mick-art.com)
- David Lewellyn – Teaches Drawing I, Figure Drawing, and Printmaking
- Jason Lueder – Teaches Electronic Imaging I &II, Current Imaging I & II
- Barb Thorsen – Teaches Jewelry I & II, Art History I & II, Introduction to the Visual Arts, and Chemistry in Art
March 2nd is Read Across America Day, a celebration of reading and Dr. Seuss’s birthday. Through this signature program, the NEA (National Education Association) “is building a nation of readers.” This year-round program is in its 18th year and focuses on motivating children and teens to read through events, partnerships, and reading resources.
“You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read with a child.”