“I resolve to read more this year.”
Great idea, but how will you do that? What do you mean when you say read more?
This info from Team OverDrive (the company behind our Beyond Library Walls ebook collection) will help you figure out how to make a reading resolution work for you!
Team OverDrive’s 2020 Reading Resolutions
An OverDrive update regarding the reported security breach of Adobe data
Posted: 27 Nov 2013 09:52 AM PST
Note: OverDrive powers our Library’s Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection
As widely reported, Adobe confirmed that they suffered a security breach of customer data on their servers. The company posted information at their blog here: http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2013/10/important-customer-security-announcement.html
Adobe has confirmed that OverDrive school and library users with activated Adobe eBook accounts may have been affected. Here is information that they have provided.
- Adobe is in the process of resetting passwords and notifying affected users. Affected users will receive an email alert advising them to reset their Adobe password in order to continue access to their Adobe account. For security purposes and as a recommended practice, Adobe is encouraging affected users to reset their Adobe passwords as well as reset passwords for any non-Adobe services/applications (in case they used the same user ID and password as was used with Adobe).
- Reactivation of previously authorized eBook software and apps using Adobe DRM (Adobe Digital Editions and OverDrive Media Console) is NOT required in order to maintain access to Adobe eBooks or to download new ones, even if users have since changed the password on their Adobe ID.
- New activations of ADE and OMC will not be possible until users have reset their password with Adobe. This is because Adobe has reset everyone’s existing password.
- OverDrive users can choose to de-authorize ADE or OMC on their devices and re-authorize with their new password; however, that is not necessary or recommended.
- Users who have changed their Adobe password and wish to also update their passwords through OverDrive should do so. Changing passwords periodically and using different passwords for different accounts are good security practices.
- At OverDrive, we do not store emails or passwords for Adobe ID on OMC. We do store emails and passwords for those that registered an OverDrive ONE account. Users can change and reset their OverDrive ONE password by either using the “Forgot password” link or by using the “Settings” panel. Users who have registered for OverDrive ONE using their Facebook account will have to re-authenticate OverDrive ONE in OMC if they have also updated their Facebook email or password.
For your eReading and eListening pleasure ….
Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection … OverDrive Media Console 3.0 is live!
OverDrive is proud to announce the release of OverDrive Media Console 3.0, which is now live for iOS and Android users. Once you update your OMC app on your smartphone or tablet you will see a number of new features.
Check it out!
If you use a NOOK HD, NOOK HD+, NOOK Tablet™ or NOOK Color™ for your reading habit, borrowing eBooks and audiobooks from the library’s Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection is now easier than ever!
Barnes & Noble has added an OverDrive Media Console app.
Read on for the details ….
eBook distributor OverDrive has announced plans to introduce “OverDrive Read,” a new ebook platform that will enable readers to use standard web browsers to read ebooks on computers and mobile devices without installing any additional software or activating a dedicated device.
OverDrive powers our Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection. We’ll keep you posted about the launch.
Yesterday, we received word from OverDrive, which powers our Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection, that as of today (February 10, 2012):
Penguin will no longer offer additional copies of eBooks and download audiobooks for library purchase. Additionally, Penguin eBooks loaned for reading on Kindle devices will need to be downloaded to a computer, then transferred to the device over USB. For library patrons, this means Penguin eBooks will no longer be available for over-the-air delivery to Kindle devices or to Kindle apps.
OverDrive is continuing to talk to Penguin about their future plans for eBook and digital audiobook availability for library lending.
We have some Penguin publications in our Beyond Library Walls collection. If you’re a Kindle user, this change affects you.
If you have questions about downloading BSC Library eBooks to your eReader (whatever kind you have), ask us. We can help!