THIS IS IT! Today (Thursday, July 2) is our last day to be open in our current building. Bittersweet.
Stop by for a last look and a fond farewell. We’ll be here until 4 p.m.
The BSC Library will temporarily close starting Friday, July 3.
We will reopen in our new location
on the corner of Edwards Avenue & Schafer Street
on Monday, August 17.
The ODIN library catalog and the library’s databases and digital collections will continue to be available 24/7 via our website.
“The first great war novel of our generation.” — Salon.com
The Farther Shore by Matthew Eck
This debut novel “puts readers inside the mind of a confused young soldier caught in the fog of unexpected warfare … The Farther Shore is a short, stark war novel in which the characters are both haunting and inhuman, natives and invaders alike. The emerging story reflects a new kind of military engagement, with all the attendant horrors and difficulties of fighting in a strange new postmodern battlefield.”
Check it out! Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection
The Library will be moving to a new building this summer, so our hours will be in flux. For now, beginning Saturday, May 16, we will observe these hours:
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday – CLOSED
- Sunday – CLOSED
We will also be closed on the Memorial Day (May 25) and 4th of July holidays.
Changes will be posted when we know more about our moving plans.
KEEP CHECKING OUR WEBSITE AND THIS BLOG for all the news.
School’s almost over and that means more time to read for the pure pleasure of it … Check this one out!
Finding Nouf by Zoë Ferraris
Zoë Ferraris’s electrifying debut of taut psychological suspense offers an unprecedented window into Saudi Arabia and the lives of men and women there … Fast-paced and utterly transporting, Finding Nouf offers an intimate glimpse inside a closed society and a riveting literary mystery.
Beyond Library Walls Digital Collection
Today, the BSC Library hosted the annual Figments of Imagination reading. Figments is produced by the English 213 Literary Publications class as a showcase for student writing and artwork. Dr. Kim Crowley, Assistant Professor of English, leads the class. Stop by the Library to pick up your free copy of Figments!
Check it out! The BSC Library has added new online resources, which are available to current students, faculty, and staff 24/7. You can find the links on our Databases page.
Flipster™ — a New Way to Access Digital Magazines
Flipster offers the latest issues of high quality digital versions of popular magazines. Our subscription currently includes 93 titles. Flipster gives you an easy, browseable reading experience:
- Browse magazines by category or search for specific titles
- Find the most recent issues in the online newsstand carousel or check the carousel of all issues for quick access to older issues
- Click on table of contents links to go directly to articles; hotlinks within magazines are also hyperlinked and open in separate tabs when clicked
- Zoom in and out for better readability
- Read Flipster magazines on your PC or download them for offline reading anytime, anywhere
Counterparts to the multi-volume print sets we once had, these sources have the advantages and enhancements that go with being online, e.g., multimedia content and website links, topic finder, term frequency graphs, dynamic search capability, mobile compatibility, and 24/7 access.
Artemis Literary Sources
- An integrated research experience, Artemis Literary Sources brings together Gale’s premier literary databases in a new digital environment that allows users to search across these resources to discover and analyze content in entirely new ways.
Literature Criticism Online
- Takes literature, history and culture to the next level with the largest, most extensive compilation of literary commentary available. Imagine centuries of analysis – the scholarly and popular commentary from broadsheets, pamphlets, encyclopedias, books and periodicals – delivered in an easy-to-use, 24/7 online format that matches the exact look and feel of the print originals. The net result is tens of thousands of hard-to-find essays at your fingertips. It’s all designed to raise the level of research while providing around-the-clock remote access.
Literature Resource Center
- Up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world.
Twayne’s Author Series
- In-depth critical introductions to the lives and works of major writers of the world within the context of the time periods in which they lived. It provides insightful and original commentary on the history and influence of literary movements.
Visit the BSC Library website or contact library staff for more information.