The Library has trial access to Research Monitor, a business database, from November 1 through November 30. Please use it during the next month and let us know what you think. Your feedback will help us make a decision about whether or not to subscribe to this database.
You can find the link on the Library’s website in two places: the Databases page and the Databases – Business page.
Research Monitor provides an online collection of market reports, offering a complete view of consumers in 80 countries.
- Professional research for library users
- Access high quality market data
- More than 200 categories across 80 countries
- Ability to build-your-own customized reports
- Reports feature:
- Market trends and headlines
- Latest segmentation
- Companies and their brands
- Five year value sales forecast
- Market shares
- Definitions and methodology
- Reports can also be translated into nine languages
Research Monitor is a product from Euromonitor International. Sabrina Kinckle (email@example.com) is our contact person and is available for webinar demos of the system. The demos take 15-30 minutes, depending on how many people are on the call. We highly recommend the webinar. It’s a great way to quickly learn what Research Monitor can do for you.
Good news! Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to the Films on Demand database, we have decided to subscribe to this resource.
The trial period was due to end on Sunday, September 26, but access will now continue uninterrupted.
Thanks for your feedback and enjoy using this great resource!
Have you checked out Films on Demand yet? If not, there’s still time … our trial access goes through Sunday, September 26. You can find the link on the Library’s Databases (Articles & More) page.
Films on Demand is a digital archive of nearly 6,000 titles in curriculum-focused digital video collections. The state-of-the-art streaming video platform makes it easy to incorporate outstanding video from Films Media Group into your courses and presentations.
Your feedback will be key in making a decision about subscribing. Let us know what you think!
The higher ed community is buzzing about Films on Demand – a digital archive of nearly 6000 titles in curriculum-focused digital video collections. The state-of-the-art streaming video platform makes it easy to incorporate outstanding video from Films Media Group into your courses and presentations.
The BSC Library is excited to provide trial access to Films on Demand through September 26, 2010. You can find the link on our Databases (Articles & More) page.
- Try it out.
- Use it for your classes.
- Let us know what you think about it.
Your feedback will be key in making a decision about subscribing.
The BSC Library has trial access to the ABC-CLIO eBook Collection through May 24, 2010. You can find the link on the Library’s Databases page.
Please use this resource and let us know what you think by adding your comments to this blog posting.
About the ABC-CLIO eBook Collection
The ABC-CLIO eBook Collection offers high-quality scholarly information plus enhanced readability via a new reading pane, improved search and browse capabilities, and more.
- Over 6,000 titles available: Find the trustworthy content you need
- Vibrant new design: Intuitive, user-friendly interface makes on-screen reading and research easier
- Bookmarks and notes: Save time and optimize research to support your research projects
- RSS feeds
- Create your own user profile: Save searches, notes, and bookmarked entries
- Improved search and navigation: Find what you need faster