Hard to believe the end of the semester is almost here, but it is.
If you need help with projects and papers or are looking for a quiet place to study or do group work, the BSC Library is the place to be!
- Ask our librarians to help you find the information resources you need
- Use our study rooms and library commons for group work
- Head to the quiet reading room for solo study
See you at the Library!
The Library will observe these hours for the Easter Holiday:
- Friday, April 14 — CLOSED
- Saturday, April 15 — CLOSED
- Sunday, April 16– CLOSED
- Monday, April 17 – 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Regular hours resume on Tuesday, April 18.
The Library will observe these hours during Spring Break:
- Saturday, March 11 — CLOSED
- Sunday, March 12 — CLOSED
- Monday, March 13 — 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 14 — 7:30 – 8 a.m.; 12:30 – 4 p.m.
- CLOSED 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for Staff Day
- Wednesday, March 15 — 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16 — 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, March 17 — 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18 — CLOSED
- Sunday, March 19 — CLOSED
Regular hours resume on Monday, March 20.
Check out the online guide for Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, our Spring 2017 Campus Read!
Why I Read by Adam Sockel, Marketing Specialist & co-host of the Professional Book Nerds podcast
I consider myself very lucky when it comes to my employment. I’ve always loved the concept of books. If you’ll excuse the pun, the fact that all you need to do to discover a new world is open a book remains such … Read more »
Source: Why I Read
Join us for BookTalk at BSC 2017!
The Pale King by David Foster Wallace
Sunday, March 5th, 1 to 3 p.m.
LEA 204 (BSC Library’s second floor conference room in LEA Hall)
Dr. AnnMarie Kajencki, BSC English Professor, will lead the last of the three BookTalk discussions exploring the theme “The Prize That Wasn’t: 2012 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction”.
As you work on your own income taxes, this tale of the agents at the IRS Regional Examination Center in Peoria, Illinois, will resonate. “The agents … appear ordinary to newly arrived trainee David Foster Wallace. But as he immerses himself in a routine so tedious and repetitive that new employees receive boredom-survival training, Wallace learns of the extraordinary variety of personalities drawn to this strange calling. And he has arrived at a moment when forces within the IRS are plotting to eliminate what little humanity and dignity the work still has.” — Book jacket
The Pale King was unfinished when the author died in 2008. Wallace’s editor, Michael Pietsch, pieced the book together from “hundreds and hundreds of pages of his novel in progress …” (The Pale King, Editor’s Note, p. x)
BookTalk at BSC series books are available at local libraries and from booksellers. Discussions are open to all. For more information, call 224-5450.
The 18th annual series is funded by the BSC Library and a grant from the BSC Foundation. For more information, visit the online guide.
The Library will observe these hours for the Presidents Day holiday weekend:
- Saturday, February 18 — CLOSED
- Sunday, February 19 —- CLOSED
- Monday, February 20 — CLOSED
Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, February 21.